Sometimes, I just need something quick and easy. Last night, I wasn’t in much of a mood to cook anything too complicated, and I had a limited number of ingredients on hand. So I used my knowledge of low-carb cooking, took inventory of what I had in the fridge and the pantry, and came up with the following. Spoilers: it’s DELICIOUS!
- Two to three boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ cubes
- One large onion, sliced into strips
- One bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/3 stick butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic – minced (or one TBSP garlic powder)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Brown chicken in skillet with olive oil. Chicken should no longer be pink inside, but do not overcook.
- Remove chicken from pan, and saute onion and bell pepper in pan until tender.
- Remove onion and peppers from pan, and add butter and cream. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, while using spatula to de-glaze pan.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, and whisk until mixed, and sauce thickens a bit.
- Add chicken, onions and peppers back to pan, and stir until all ingredients are covered with sauce.
- Serve with side of your choice (photo above shows brussels sprouts).